VirtuActive, LLC is an innovative 3D Drafting & Design company specializing in residential design. We work with a wide variety of clients. Our clients include home builders (ranging from production to custom), real estate agents, consumers interested in building/remodeling, and other partners in the construction industry. We pride ourselves on collaborating with our clients to provide a quality product with a personalized experience. We are always looking for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who may fit our team.
Residential Designer/Drafter – Omaha, NE
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to produce accurate 3D residential designs and CAD drawings based on the client’s ideas, sketches, pictures, verbal instruction, and face to face meetings. The candidate must be able to draw plans from concept to completed working drawings with little guidance. Preferred candidate will have 2+ years of residential drafting experience and hands on work experience in residential construction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of creativity, imagination, and vision
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Proficient in 3D modeling CAD software, preferably Chief Architect
- Knowledge & comprehension of residential floor planning, electrical plans, & site planning
- Has fresh ideas and good knowledge of latest residential plan and design trends
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate design ideas with clients and team members
- Knowledge of governing codes and ordinances
- Good listening skills, can effectively understand and communicate with clients
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems
- Detail oriented and able to manage deadlines between multiple projects
- Ability to work well within a team and contribute to the overall success of the company
- Willingness to continually learn and adapt with a growing company, in an ever changing industry
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize 3D modeling software to design custom homes per client’s specifications
- Collaborate with builders to develop new/improved products such as plans, elevations, and options
- Ensure project meets applicable building codes, site requirements, covenants, etc.
- Create accurately detailed building plans, specifications, and construction documents
- Generate photo realistic renderings and virtual walk-throughs for presentations and marketing
Email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org